Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Planets overboard

I recognized early on that this piece had too much going on. Too many colors, shapes and textures.

Planets of Durham, stitched watercolor, 2014.


But I didn't care, because it was an experiment with trying different techniques.

Detail of textures.


I haven't figured out how to bring the solvent ink shapes into my stitched watercolors. I think it might be able to work with a far simpler background image.

First go around of planets.


Next time I'll keep it quieter.

I experimented with solvent ink hexagons.


But, even if this is an overboard, failed piece, I like it because I was reminded how much I love color and how much I have to be selective with it.

Too much going on, but it was a fun learning process.

Time to get back to playing.

3 comments:

  1. There is no "failed" art Woman! I love the busy piece! Lotsa energy going on! Perfect for a work space or kitchen or any place you need positive energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely don't see this as a failure. There's a lot going on but I think it works. There's a lot to take in visually, but I don't think that's a bad thing. I really love the solvent ink hexagons, I think that works really, really well. I like the long lines too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...not a failure by any means. I really like the bright colors and the layers you create.

    Also--I've tagged you in a blog hop. If you think you are at all interested, just write a post answering these questions and then tag three other bloggers to learn more about them and their work. If it's not your cup of tea, that's fine too!
    1. What am I working on?
    2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?
    3. Why do I create what I do?
    4.How does your creating process work?

    ReplyDelete