Saturday, May 10, 2014

Outside of my normal - a crafty kitty

Last month I was asked to take part in an online experiment for embroidery bloggers. Alyssa Thomas, the designer and owner of Penguin and Fish, sent me a very simple and charming crafty kitty pattern. Although I rarely use patterns or stitch kitties, I loved her injunction to do whatever the hell we wanted to do with the design, so I went for it.

Craft Cat. Hand embroidery on watercolor paper.


Crafty Cat was stitched into a painted watercolor paper background, on top of stitched fish scales. I wrote about the experiment on Mr X Stitch.


I want a cat.


Meow.

Penguin and Fish featured a collection of all of the experiments on their blog. There are some talented stitchers out there, including Nicole Vos van Avezathe and Leigh Bowser. Ch-ch-ch-check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment