Saturday, August 10, 2013

So many colors, so many grids

How did I not do this before? I love the saturated colors of watercolor paints. And I love the texture of pearl cotton. And I love layering these with various grids.

Grid 1, 2013. Hand embroidery on watercolor painting.

Right now I'm playing and experimenting with painting simple backgrounds and grids.


Hex grid 1, WIP. Hand embroidery on watercolor paper.

And fortunately there are soooooo many options for both!


Detail, Grid 1, 2013.

In my non-art-making life, it's been a difficult week, filled with transitions and strange medical news. But so many good things and good people.

I'm about to move to a new, very sunny, funky duplex in my favorite Durham neighborhood. And to top it off, it's right next door to my sweet friend Kate and her husband Chris. Kate has amazing, sick skills in the kitchen and at the sewing machine. I will be learning so much from her! She has already taught me a lot about baking, preserving and serging.

I feel sad and full of passion, joy and life at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. That happy sadness can be so crazy, it sounds more good than bad ! happy housewarming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jodie! You're so right, crazy, but more good than bad. xoxo

      Delete