Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Brooklyn Bound, baby!

I’m headed up to NYC , land of my birth, this weekend. Woot!  Going see old friends, including finally meeting Maeve, the little Irish princess that I made this sweater for.


The pattern is the Seamless Kimono Baby Sweater from Jackie Kelly at The Complete Fabrication.   


I found it on ravelry and I just love it.


While in NYC, I’m geeked to be seeing the Felter Skelter Needle Felting All Stars Show at the Gallery Hanahou.  

This show features the work of four needlefelting goddesses who I have long admired, Moxie, Hine Mizushima, Kit Lane and Yoku Nomura.  I own a few pieces by Yoku Nomura (aka feltmates), including this insanely cool panda brooch that I purchased her etsy shop.  I’d wear every day if I could.


I plan to roam, have cocktails, play with old friends and just enjoy myself.  For me that means looking for fabric for my Andy Warhol embroidery piece, seeking out lumnious fibers and threads, visiting the Japanese toy store and pursuing all things handmade. Hopefully I won't freeze to death, as I've become a bit thin-blooded from living in the warm South for so many years. (It was 83F/28C degrees in Durham, NC, today!) 

Looking forward to three days of doing whatever I want!

Yah!

4 comments:

  1. I can't say it loudly enough: HOORAY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be in the low 40s, so bring a coat. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll miss you, O! Have fun in the city and give my love to E, K and M!

    ReplyDelete