Friday, February 25, 2011

Astonished...

link to us!

I am SO HONORED to have had my work featured in my TWO favorite embroidery blogs this week.  Astonished, actually.

Nicole, an AMAZING embroidery pattern designer and stitcher (whose own blog, Follow the White Bunny, is a huge source of inspiration) posted about my Turntable piece on the Feeling Stitchy blog on today!  I've bought Nicole's patterns from her etsy shop and they are just beautiful and, to me, have the quality of gorgeous children's books illustrations.

You can see the post here:
feeling stitchy: You spin me right round...: "...like a Woven Spider Wheel stitch, performed here beautifully by Olisa! Olisa made this awesome turntable embroidery for a recent Phat Q..."

And on Wednesday, Beefranck of Mr X Stitch fame posted a stitchgasm of my Little Hans embroidery on the Mr X Stitch blog!  Holy Frijole!

Mr X Stitch is the edgy wonderland of the embroidery arts blogosphere.  And Beefranck's fabulous cross stitch patterns turn traditional motifs on their heads with her dark wit and boundary-pushing messages.

You can see the link here:

Heartfelt thanks to Nicole and Beefranck for being so kind to me as I embark on my embroidery adventure. I'm HOOKED on stitching.  I think about it night and day. I'm so very grateful to them!!!

7 comments:

  1. That's awesome but not at all a surprise, given your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Well done O! I am sharing links to these pages where ever I can to share the awesomeness that is you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you SOOOOO much, Janalyn and Jo!! You two are the best!! xoxo, O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olisa - you are amazing! Congrats on the recognition for your beautiful work! Keep doing it because you love it and for no other reason... ;) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I saw you on Feeling Stitchy. Good for you, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Congrats on all the recognition! You know I think your work is amazing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kati, Gretchen and Shannon - I can't thank you enough for all of the kind words!! You are all soooo wonderful!! Keep on rocking, kids!

    ReplyDelete