Saturday, December 18, 2010

Shazam!


My little plush babies Eva and Mika find themselves watching an amazing fireworks display created by the fabulous Mo Fine.

I love this photo because it represents a collaboration of three of the most important people in my life: Me, who made Eva and Mika (hey, being important to myself was hard earned), Rico, the love of my life and photographer extraordinaire who so lovingly photographs so much of my work, and Mo, little pixie genius of Seattle, who worked her Photoshop magic to put my babies in is sea of fireworks.

Eva is my first ever handmade plush creature.  When I look at her, my heart breaks. I remember how excited I was when I saw her coming together.  I couldn't believe I was making a creature with my own hands that so captured my love and sense of play. The possibilities seemed endless.

Here she is without her head.



You know that you love your creatures when, even without their heads, they are beautiful to you.

3 comments:

  1. O,
    These are adorable. And I have to say, you are the mother my daughter only wishes she had! Naomi is completely jazzed by your creations...she's a needle-felter, sewer, sculptor, and general crafter extaordinaire.
    She'll be checking in regularly!
    Love
    Adina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to O and Mo for making such wonderful creatures/images! I love this image -- it's now my computer wallpaper, and every time I open up my laptop I smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adina – That was the sweetest comment EVER! I’m so impressed by Naomi – she sounds like quite a young crafter! I love hearing about girls being so creative and I’d love to see her work. Next time I’m in your neck of the woods I’d really like to visit with her. Please give her my absolute best and say: Keep on crafting! Xoxo, O

    ReplyDelete